Get Fly Control Backed by 45+ Years of Experience
Same Day Service with 100% Service Guarantee
Fly Management Control Near Me
A common nuisance during the warm summer months in PA is the pesky housefly. It can be so tempting to open the window or leave the door open a crack to allow the fresh summer breeze to flow through your house. Unfortunately, though, this is when house flies start to invade your home. Don’t let these annoying flies keep you from enjoying the fresh air! Give PCT a call for the best professional fly control near you.
Our All Season Premier Plan
Save $150 while protecting your home from rodents, termites, mosquitoes, and general pests with our All Season Premier Plan!
"*" indicates required fields
All Seasons will eliminate all current infestations and protect your home against household pests for the long haul. Our Residential Service program is a subscription service with quarterly treatment that also provides service throughout the year whenever you’re having an issue.Learn More
All Seasons Plus
All Seasons Plus is a quarterly treatment program that provides seasonal service and includes any additional servicing for a variety of household pests + termites that you may need throughout the year. We will eliminate all current infestations and protect your home while providing recurring service to ensure pest infestations don’t return.Learn More
All Seasons Premier
All Seasons Premier will eliminate all current infestations and protect your home against household pests + termites + mosquitoes. This is a quarterly treatment program that provides seasonal service throughout the year to help keep your home pest free.Learn More
About this Service
Humans and disease-spreading flies have a long and deadly association. Food poisoning, typhoid fever, tuberculosis, dysentery are just a few human diseases spread by flies. Biting flies cause painful bites and can spread disease from animals to humans as well. Anyone who has been at a picnic or other outdoor dining location knows how fast flies can find their food sources. With our fly management control, flies will be a thing of the past! Plus, once you call us, we’ll be out in a few hours to provide an inspection that same day.
Detailed Inspections Completed by EPA-Awarded Exterminators
Flies can come from great distances away since they can fly with the wind and show up almost anywhere. The exterminators at PCT are well versed on fly biology and habits—the real key to fly control. Identifying the species of fly, whether large or small, is very important to an effective fly program because each fly has its own ecological niche that it occupies in nature. If flies are making you crazy and you and your customers have had enough, then it is time to call Pest Control Technicians for fast professional fly management programs for your facility.
When inspecting your house for flies, our exterminators:
- Identify the species infesting your yard/house/business
- Locate the breeding sources specific to the fly—outside, they can come from trash and garbage or even a dead animal. Inside flies could breed in organic material found in floor drains, food debris, or sometimes broken sanitary sewer pipes.
- Note any sanitation or repair deficiencies.
- Recommend effective repair and treatment solutions.
No Need to Live with Flies Forever with PCT!
Many people feel that nothing can be done for some small infestations; it’s just something that they feel they have to live with. This is a fallacy belief since there are many effective materials for fly control, including biological treatments, insect growth regulators, insect light traps, and numerous other effective control measures. Pest Control Technicians specializes in the elimination of small and large fly infestations of a wide variety of species. Small flies are usually breeding inside structures—sometimes from floor drains that have organic debris buildup, and other times breeding standing water and food debris. Finding the locations of these breeding sources is crucial so they can be cleaned and properly treated. Only Pest Control Technicians can effectively inspect your fly infestations and design a specific treatment program for your facility.
Our Family-Friendly Fly Treatment
It is critical for effective fly control to eliminate fly breeding sources but sometimes flies are coming from areas where we do not have control. Pest Control Technicians will use an integrated approach to this scenario using a variety of baits, traps, insect light traps, and other fly control materials to capture and kill flies away from your facility. PCT is the area expert on local fly control. We have found and treated many fly infestations that competitors have failed to even locate. Finding and treating ongoing small fly infestations are our specialty. All of our exterminators are trained in the safest, most eco-friendly treatments possible, meaning you don’t have to worry about your loved ones when you choose us for fly management control.Call Us Today!
How to Prevent Infestations of House Flies
Just like with other pests, there are some preventative measures that can be taken to avoid a house fly infestation. Those tips include:
- Sanitation–Keeping your home clean is key. This is especially the case in your kitchen. Cleaning your kitchen promptly after meals eliminates house flies. Flies are attracted to the food you eat and when it isn’t available to them, they aren’t as drawn to your living spaces.
- Check Doors and Windows–Before you open your doors and windows to feel that cool summer breeze, make sure there aren’t any missing or damaged screens. It doesn’t take a very large opening for a fly to fit through it.
- Keep Garbage Cans Clean–Wipe out your garbage cans regularly to avoid buildup of food and other residues that attract flies. All garbage cans and dumpsters should have a very secure lid on them to keep flies away from your garbage. You should also keep your outside garbage receptacles as far away from any doors or other openings to your house as possible.
- Clean up After Pets–Keeping your pet’s waste cleaned up in your yard is a great way to keep flies away. Flies are attracted to pet waste and can become a problem if you aren’t cleaning up after your pets.
Interesting Facts About House Flies
If you’re seeing house flies around, you may want to know more about them. Below are some interesting facts about house flies.
- Flies are carriers of disease. They are commonly known to carry many types of bacteria that include typhoid, bubonic plague, tuberculosis, gangrene, and leprosy. Those are just a few examples of the many diseases carried by flies.
- Flies don’t have a mouth. They actually eat their meal through a tube. Before eating any food, they have to spit or vomit fluid from their stomachs to break down their meal into liquid. The house fly then sucks it up, leaving behind all sorts of germs.
- Flies have multiple lenses. Flies have four thousand lenses in each eye, eight thousand in total. They still don’t have great eyesight though.
- Flies multiply quickly. Females can lay up to 2,500 eggs each month. Flies are fully developed from egg to adult in 10 days.
Spotted Lantern Fly – What You Need to Know
The Spotted Lantern Fly is an invasive species of insect that arrived from Asia about 5 years ago. SLF hatch out in early summer and appear as small black insects with white spots on them. These are the nymphs or immature SLF. As adults, they turn red with spotting on the multiple sets of wings and develop into flying insects.
What do they eat?
In the late summer and fall, the spotted lanternfly prefers feeding on Ailanthus altissima, commonly known as the “Tree of Heaven.” They can be found feeding on other plants and maple and stone fruit trees. The Tree of Heaven is also an invasive species that is found along the road right of ways and in strips of woods and weeds.
Are they harmful?
These insects threaten some agricultural products such as grapevines and even maple trees. SLF attaches to the branch of the plant they choose to feed upon and begin to drain the nutritional sap from the tree. Some trees will have over 1 thousand SLF feeding at one time. With this level of feeding, the plant or tree becomes weakened or just dies outright from lack of nourishment.
Can they harm your home?
SLF can cause numerous problems for homeowners as well besides weakening or killing desirable plants. Egg masses are sometimes laid on the sides of buildings and can be difficult to remove. If a car is parked under a tree where SLF are feeding, fecal residue from the SLF drops down from the tree and gets on the car, boat, or other finishes, and is very difficult to remove. SLF can also congregate in large numbers on homes but also on high-rise buildings.
How can PCT help?
PCT was one of the first companies in the area to identify SLF and develop effective treatment techniques for these invasive pests. If you see SLF congregating on or near your home call PCT at 610-601-3117 for effective treatments before they lay egg masses or damage outdoor items.
Pest Control In The Philadelphia Metro Area
For over 45 years, our team at Pest Control Technicians, Inc. has been proud to provide industry-leading pest control to homes and businesses just like yours. The technicians who work with us undergo frequent training in procedures and customer service to make sure the work they provide is fast, effective, and reliable. Our eco-friendly and affordable, and same-day residential service is available in and around the Philadelphia Metro Area, including Montgomery, Bucks, Delaware, Chester, Philadelphia, and Berks counties and the following cities:
Contact Us Today!
"*" indicates required fields