Where Do Bed Bugs Live & Hide During the Day in Pottstown, PA? How to Prevent Infestations
Bed bugs are a growing nuisance for people across the United States, and the world for that matter. Until recent decades, bed bugs were only something mentioned in children’s rhymes. But now bed bugs are frequently squatting in a variety of public places and public transportation. Prior to WWII bedbugs were a serious epidemic. Constantly infesting homes and businesses where they feasted on the blood of their hosts, preferring human blood. Where professionals struggled to contain these nocturnal insects, finally science prevailed right after WWII and a very effective chemical agent was developed to exterminate the little blood suckers. Though bed bugs were not completely obliterated, their population was insignificant and people rarely had problems with them. However, now there is world traveling that is affordable and convenient and bed bugs have made a comeback. Now these nasty critters have evolved and are very resistant to the older methods. Bed bug outbreaks have become more of an issue again.
Where Do Bed Bugs Hide During the Day?
Luckily, science and experienced professionals are able to cure homes and businesses of bed bug infestations with alternative methods that are more than sufficient. Pest Control Technicians, Inc is the leading professionals to rid your home of bed bugs. But despite their usual habits, bed bugs will spread out and hide in a number of different places that may even seem unorthodox and today we would like to offer several examples of where they can be if you suspect these blood thieves are in your home.
1) Bedroom Furnishings. The dressers and night stands can get populated with bedbugs as well as any other upholstered furnishings as easily as they can beds. Curtains, curtain rods, bedding, and other such examples often conceal bed bugs during the daylight hours.
2) Alarm Clocks/Electronic Devices. The alarm clocks and other electronics in close proximity to where you sleep can become a mini-motel for bed bugs.
3) Electrical Outlet Covers. Bed bugs have been clever enough to slip behind the electrical outlets for refuge during the daylight hours because of their tiny statures.
4) Computer Keyboards. Nestled in the warmth, bed bugs have been found under the keys of computer keyboards. Typically, this behavior only exhibits when the keyboard doesn’t get used too often.
Tips to Avoid Bed Bug Infestations
1) Before bringing second hand furniture into your home, be sure to inspect every nook and cranny as well as any existing upholstery.
2) Look for any visible signs of bed bugs by periodically cleaning your mattress. Dry bedding on hottest setting, if label permits, including the pillows. Bed bugs cannot survive excessively hot temperatures and if you have brought a few home that are hiding in the bedding, an infestation can be stopped in its tracks.
3) When traveling and you stay at some sort of motel/hotel; perform a thorough inspection of the bed, including mattress, bed frame, and bedding. Look around the baseboards, nearby furniture, and any other nooks and crannies in the vicinity. Avoid unpacking your bag and only unzip it when retrieving what you need and immediately zip it back up.
Bed Bug Inspections & Removal
If you believe you have accrued bed bugs at some point, call in the experts of Pest Control Technicians, Inc and let our experts inspect your or home business and present the most optimal solution if we have found a bed bug infestation.
At Pest Control Technicians Inc., we offer a variety of services to help protect your home from pests and wildlife damage. To learn more about the various services we offer, please click through the list below.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation Today!
Please fill out the form below or for immediate response please Call Us Today! 800-736-8281