How to Prevent Ants in Your Quakertown, PA House; Seal Ant Entry Points, Remove Food & More
It is not uncommon for you to see ants traversing your kitchen. It’s an experience everyone has endured multiple times. You destroy the wave of intruders only to have more little intruders pilfer your food. Once the ants have found the food source, they will often settle into the walls, where their nests expand, making it difficult to exterminate them. Where professional assistance is often needed for efficient removal, there are some steps you can take if your home is prone to ant infestations. We at Pest Control Technicians, Inc would like to share some tips and advice on what you can do to prevent ants from moving into your home.
Ant Infestation Prevention Tips
1) Repair & Seal Ant Entry Points. Assess the overall condition of your home, primarily focusing on the kitchen, both inside and outside. If you find any holes or cracks use silicone caulk, putty, glue or plaster in the appropriate areas to seal up any cracks and holes that might look like a welcoming door for little ants. Back track the line to see how they are getting in and be sure to make the needed repairs if you already have ants. If you are unable to get to a home improvement store or enlist the aid of a professional, you can temporarily seal any small cracks with petroleum jelly or poster tacks. Keep in mind that the temporary method will only buy you a short time period as it will dissipate quickly.
2) Remove Food that is Attracting Ants. If no food can be found, ants will move on from that area as they are continuously looking for food. Leave no traces of food behind by diligently cleaning up food, crumbs, spills, and other such ant delicacies every time you prepare a meal or snack. Ensure the scraps are cleaned up from all surfaces including the floor on a daily basis where food is prepared and stored. After every meal is more effective. Store all food, ingredients, herbs, and spices in air tight sealed containers and wipe down any edible residues on the exterior. Additionally, toothpaste and deodorants often have fragrances that attract ants, ensure their caps are on securely and are well sealed in between use.
3) Dawn Ant Killer Recipe. To naturally exterminate any existing ants you may already have, use a soapy water solution. For extra potency include mint oil or citrus peeling.
4) Natural Ant Food & Bait Traps. For natural and safe methods to exterminate the ants, some food products such as corn meal, raw cream of wheat, and coffee grounds are highly effective and are a safer around children or pets. Simply put your choice in the area you know ants are already foraging for food.
5) Professional Pest Management. Professional services are far more beneficial than any home remedy. Professionals have the expertise, training, and far more effective methods to ensure all the ants infesting your home are obliterated as well as preventative products that can help you in your efforts keep ants out of your home.
At Pest Control Technicians Inc., we offer a variety of services to help protect your home from pests and wildlife damage. To learn more about the various services we offer, please click through the list below.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation Today!
Please fill out the form below or for immediate response please Call Us Today! 800-736-8281