Flies Multiply Quickly & Spread Dangerous Diseases! How to Prevent & Control House Fly Pest Infestations in Norristown, PA
A common nuisance during warm summer months is the pesky house fly. It can be so tempting to open that window or leave the door opened a crack to allow the fresh summer breeze to flow through your house. Unfortunately, this is when house flies starts to invade your home. Pest Control Technicians, Inc. share some tips to help you keep the common house fly out of your house.
How to Prevent Infestations of House Flies
Just like with other pests, there are some preventative measures that can be taken to avoid a house fly infestation. Those tips include:
• Sanitation– Keeping your home clean is key. This is especially the case in your kitchen. Cleaning your kitchen promptly after meals eliminates house flies. Flies are attracted to the food you eat and when it isn’t available to them, they aren’t as drawn to your living spaces.
• Check Doors and Windows– Before you open your doors and windows to feel that cool summer breeze, make sure there aren’t any missing or damaged screens. It doesn’t take a very large opening for a fly to fit through it.
• Keep Garbage Cans Clean– Wipe out your garbage cans regularly to avoid buildup of food and other residues that attract flies. All garbage cans and dumpsters should have a very secure lid on them to keep flies away from your garbage. You should also keep your outside garbage receptacles as far away from any doors or other openings to your house as possible.
• Clean up After Pets– Keeping your pet’s waste cleaned up in your yard is a great way to keep flies away. Flies are attracted to pet waste and can become a problem if you aren’t cleaning up after your pets.
Weird & Interesting Facts About House Flies
Here are some interesting and, at times, disgusting facts about house flies.
1. Flies are carriers of disease. They are commonly known to carry many types of bacteria that include typhoid, bubonic plague, tuberculosis, gangrene, and leprosy. Those are just a few examples of the many diseases carried by flies.
2. Flies don’t have a mouth. They actually eat their meal through a tube. Before eating any food, they have to spit or vomit fluid from their stomachs to break down their meal into liquid. The house fly then sucks it up, leaving behind all sorts of germs.
3. Flies have multiple lenses. Flies have four thousand lenses in each eye, eight thousand in total. They still don’t have great eyesight though.
4. Flies multiply quickly. Females can lay up to 2,500 egg each month. Flies are fully developed from egg to adult in 10 days.
Fly Prevention, Control, Treatment & Removal in Norristown, Doylestown, Feasterville, Willow Grove, West Chester, Drexel Hill, Wayne, Quakertown, Downingtown, Pottstown, Lansdale Pennsylvania
If you find yourself battling house flies without any success, it is probably time to call a professional. Because of the rapid rate at which a house fly multiplies and the short amount of time it takes to fully develop, house flies can get out of control very quickly. Pest Control Technicians, Inc. has the knowledge and equipment needed to get your house fly problem under control. Call us today!
At Pest Control Technicians Inc., we offer a variety of services to help protect your home from pests and wildlife damage. To learn more about the various services we offer, please click through the list below.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation Today!
Please fill out the form below or for immediate response please Call Us Today! 800-736-8281