Centipedes are predators of other insects, which make them beneficial, but in high enough numbers can become pests themselves. Uses venom on prey through a pair of poison jaws that contain venom glands.
- Can have up to 15,000 individuals as part of a colony and satellite nests
- Prefers dense vegetation or shrubbery as a place to hunt for prey
- On the inside of buildings, centipedes prefer quiet places like crawl areas, attics and utility voids
- Can live up to 5 years, a very long time for an insect
- Can over winter inside as well as outside
Fun Fact: Centipedes are sometimes called “hundred leggers” but can have up to 235 legs total!
Control Measures are to eliminate harborage areas on the exterior. Power spraying may also be necessary to control these pests. Interior treatments are to crawl areas, attics and other building voids. Pest control Technicians, Inc. has over 30 years experience in treating for these fast moving pests. Don’t bother counting centipede legs for identification just call Pest Control Technicians, Inc. for state of the art, friendly service.
At Pest Control Technicians Inc., we offer a variety of services to help protect your home from pests and wildlife damage. To learn more about the various services we offer, please click through the list below.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation Today!
Please fill out the form below or for immediate response please Call Us Today! 800-736-8281